From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: compiling with -g for maven cactus plugin
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:48:04 GMT
Josh,

Interesting..  Well, I can confirm that with Maven CVS head, I do get the
line numbers in my stack traces from Cactus.  I use winxp pro, jdk1.4.2, and
Maven CVS head..  Not sure what else to suggest, as you are getting beyond
my level of expertise.  I would recommend trying to use the latest &
greatest of cactus.

ERic Pugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Blatt
To: Cactus Users List
Sent: 7/21/03 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: compiling with -g for maven cactus plugin

Hi Eric, Thanks for the response.  In the 3.0-SNAPSHOT plugin I do see
the cactus:compile target taking the debug value from
maven.compile.debug.  After removing the 2.0 plugin and doing a clean
build, however, I still see the problem.

Just to be clear, the cactus plugin itself has debugging symbols, its my
test cases that don't.  I do have maven.compile.debug set to on .   If
you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them because the without line
numbers the stack traces are useful, but I still have add a lot of
"diagnostic printfs" to see exactly where an exception is being thrown.
Ex:

    [junit] Testcase: testRecipientNotFoundTest took 1.233 sec
    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] null
    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit]     at
net.cp.obolus.plugin.impl.inbound.eaif.cactus.EaifInboundHandlerTest.tes
tRecipientNotFoundTest(Unknown Source)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    [junit]     at
a:39)
    [junit]     at
Impl.java:25)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebServerTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractWebSer
verTestCase.java:179)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebServerTestCase.runBareServerTest(AbstractWe
bServerTestCase.java:137)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTestCal
ler.java:157)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.dispatch75_handleRequ
est(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.
aj[1k]:130)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.around75_handleReques
t(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
[1k]:1158)

THanks

Josh