From Bastian Bowe <BaB...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: NullPointerException with Tomcat Howto
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:26:03 GMT
Hello Vincent,

the problem was probably the Debian GNU/Linux packaging of Tomcat. I
had to add

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/cactusTest/WEB-INF/lib/-" {
     permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

to /etc/tomcat4/policy.d/04webapps.policy. (The files in
/etc/tomcat4/policy.d will generate /etc/tomcat4/catalina.policy on
/etc/init.d/tomcat4 restart)

I found that out by using the new commons-logging 1.0.3. That gave me
a different Exception. I googled for it and found
http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02026.html

Thanks for your help.