From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: I meant org/apache/cactus/AbstractTestCase RE: Where did org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase go?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:21:12 GMT
Yeah, that's the binary compatibility issue which makes it very hard to
change anything. I personally wasn't acutely aware of the issue before
Chris and I discussed it. ATM, we have API compatibility between the
different Cactus releases.

In the near future, we'll tackle the binary compatibility too.

I'm currently reading "Evolving Java-based API" from Jim des Rivieres
(http://eclipse.org/eclipse/development/java-api-evolution.html).

Thanks

-Vincent

-----Original Message-----
From: EPugh@upstate.com [mailto:EPugh@upstate.com]
Sent: 10 July 2003 13:01
To: vmassol@pivolis.com; cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: I meant org/apache/cactus/AbstractTestCase RE: Where did
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase go?

 Vincent,

I think what caused the issue was thet I have a wrapper around
ServletTestCase that I use to reset the database using DBUnit.  It was
compiled against 1.4.1.  Therefore, I think when I used it with the new
cactus plugin with 1.5.1, it somehow still wanted 1.4.1?  What was
strange, was if I included the 1.4.1 jars in my project.xml, then
everything worked..

At any rate, I have recompiled my wrapper, and it seems okay now..

Eric Pugh