From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Initializable
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:43:08 GMT
Hi Barbara,

The Initializable class is a new feature of Cactus 1.5. Thus you can get
it only in nightly builds (It will be released very soon now). It is
possible to use Initializable for starting Tomcat. ATM, the Cactus
project is only providing an implementation for starting Jetty (it makes
sense as it is a java-embeddable container).

I wouldn't recommend to use the Initializable interface right now as I
think the way it works is not great and it will be changed in the
future. My vision is rather to provide custom Test Suites such as:

JettyTestSuite(), TomcatTestSuite(), etc

They would be used:

public static Test suite()
{
   TestSuite suite = new TestSuite(Myclass.class);
   return new JettyTestSuite(suite);
}

The JettyTestSuite would automatically start jetty before any test of
the suite is started.

Thanks
-Vincent