From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException with Tomcat Howto
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:37:53 GMT
Cool. Thanks for letting us know!
-Vincent

"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/cactusTest/WEB-INF/lib/-" {

http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02026.html

http://localhost:8082/cactusTest/ServletTestRunner?suite=TestSampleServl
> > et
> > > (You see I didn't follow the Howto very strictly. But I was really
> > > carefull) I get the following output:
> > > ...tomcatstuff...
> > > org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> > > org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> > > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > > 	at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImp
> > l.
> > > java:509)
> > > 	at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
> > l.
> > > java:285)
> > > 	at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
> > l.
> > > java:255)
> > > 	at
> > org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
> > > 	at

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around91_doGet(Servlet
> > Te
> > > stRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1142)
> > > 	at

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunne
> > r.
> > > java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
> > > 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> > > 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > > 	at

> > ti
> > > onFilterChain.java:247)
> > > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$0(ApplicationFilt
> > er
> > > Chain.java:197)
> > > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterC

cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org