From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: XSL Report
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:03:30 GMT
Hi Theo,

Cactus has several ways of executing tests. If you use the Maven plugin
or the Ant integration, you'll find you get exactly the same report as
the junit one as our <cactus> Ant task extends the <junit> class.

Now it seems you're referring to the servlet test runner, i.e. execution
of cactus tests from a browser. For this way of executing tests, the XML
that is generated does not yet have all the information needed to
produce reports as nice as the <junit-report> Ant task for example.

If you're interested in submitting a patch, the relevant code to improve
can be found here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-cactus/framework/src/java/share/or
g/apache/cactus/server/runner/XMLFormatter.java?rev=1.11&content-type=te
xt/vnd.viewcvs-markup

(the toXML() method needs to be improved)

Thus, if you wish to get the exact same report as junit, you should use
either the Ant cactus task (available only in Cactus 1.5dev - see
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/index.html) or the
Maven plugin (http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/cactus).

-Vincent