From "Alejandro" <ma-rami...@wiu.edu>
Subject Setting up Cactus Tests with NetBeans IDE 3.5, Tomcat 4.1.24, and CactusStrutsTest 1.9.6
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:40:07 GMT
Hello,

    I am using the CactusStrutsTestCase class to test Struts Actions using Cactus. I am all
confused by the configuration. This is my current setup:

- NetBeans IDE v3.5
- Tomcat 4.1.24
- Cactus 1.4.1
- Struts 1.0
- StrutsTest 1.9.6
1. Web App (Classes under Test - http:\\localhost:8080\bulletinBoard):
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\webapps\bulletinBoard\WEB-INF\lib\argyle.jar
(this JAR includes:
    org.cait.argyle.module.bulletinBoard.struts.action.AddTopicAction

2. Test Files (Cactus):
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\webapps\bulletinBoard\TestAddTopicAction

1) Is this setup correct?
2) According to the documentation I put the Cactus' properties files as follows:

"Client Side":
    I added the cactus.properties and log4j.properties to my CLASSPATH in NetBeans by right-clicking
and set "Add to Project".

"Container Side":
    - cactus.properties and log4j at:    ...\webapps\bulletinBoard\

but every time I try to run my tests, Cactus complains with the following errors:

.E
Time: 0.07
There was 1 error:
1) testFailedAddTopic(bulletinBoard.TestAddTopicAction)org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException:
Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
        at org.apache.cactus.util.Configuration.getContextURL(Configuration.java:185)
        at org.apache.cactus.util.ServletConfiguration.getServletRedirectorURL(ServletConfiguration.java:94)
        at org.apache.cactus.client.ServletHttpClient.getRedirectorURL(ServletHttpClient.java:87)
        at org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):184)
        at org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch2_doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):109)
        at org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around2_doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1218)
        at org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):104)
        at org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractWebTestCase.java:260)
        at org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:133)
        at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:195)
        at bulletinBoard.TestAddTopicAction.main(TestAddTopicAction.java:96)
FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 1,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.cactus.util.JUnitVersionHelper).