From "Alejandro" <ma-rami...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: Setting up Cactus Tests with NetBeans IDE 3.5, Tomcat 4.1.24, and CactusStrutsTest 1.9.6
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:35:55 GMT
Check my comments below:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Lenz" <cmlenz@gmx.de>
To: "Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Setting up Cactus Tests with NetBeans IDE 3.5, Tomcat 4.1.24,
and CactusStrutsTest 1.9.6

> Hi Alejandro,
>
> Alejandro wrote:
> > Actually, take that back. I was using MockStrutsTestCase (which doesn't
use
> > Cactus), by mistake. I changed the extends class and the import lines in
> > both the Client and Container, to use CactusStrutsTestCase.
>
> :-)
>
> > Here's my new configuration:
> > Client Side:

c:\subversion\argyle\trunk\qa\test\org\cait\argyle\module\bulletinBoard\stru
> > ts\action\TestAddTopicAction.class

c:\subversion\argyle\trunk\qa\test\org\cait\argyle\module\bulletinBoard\stru
> > ts\action\cactus.properties

c:\subversion\argyle\trunk\qa\test\org\cait\argyle\module\bulletinBoard\stru
> > ts\action\log4j.properties
>
> Errm. What java package is that then? Both property files need to be in
the
> *default* package. I *guess* that would translate to the location
>
>    c:\subversion\argyle\trunk\qa\test\
>
> in your case.
>
> > Container Side:
> > c:\TOMCAT\webapps\bulletinBoard\WEB-INF\classes\TestAddTopicAction.class

1) I created the following structure in the Web App WEB-INF\classes to match
my source test files directory structure:

c:\tomcat\webapps\bulletinBoard\WEB-INF\classes\qa\test\org\cait\argyle\modu
le\bulletinBoard\struts\action

and I moved the copy of the test class file there.

2) I deleted the properties files from the Tomcat WebApp, but I keep getting
the same error message.

> This actually depends on the package your test class is in... if it's in
the
> default package, okay.
>
> > c:\TOMCAT\webapps\bulletinBoard\WEB-INF\classes\cactus.properties
> > c:\TOMCAT\webapps\bulletinBoard\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties
>
> You don't actually need cactus.properties here. It's only required on the
> client side.
>    [http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/howto_config.html]
>
> > c:\TOMCAT\webapps\bulletinBoard\WEB-INF\lib\argyle.jar (with my classes
> > under test here)
> >
> > When I run the Client Side class, I get the error below
> > Questions:
> > 1) My cactus.properties file includes only the required
cactus.setContextURL
> > parameter, do I need to add the other ones?
>
> Well, *cactus.contextURL* would definitely help. ;-)
> Note there's no "set" in the property name.
>
> > 2) Where do I need to put the CACTUS jar files? I currently have them in
> > TOMCAT\common\lib
> > 3) Is this correct?: The IMPORT line in both my Client Side and
Container
> > Side java classes is the same:
> >         import
qa.test.org.cait.argyle.module.bulletinBoard.struts.action;

> > Apparently everything's in place.
>
> Apparently not, or it'd be working ;-)
>

> ----ERROR-----------------------------------------------------------------
--
> > -----------------------
> > .log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
> > (org.apache.cactus.util.JUnitVersionHelper).
> > log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>
> (See, the log4j.properties isn't picked up either)

> > Time: 0.07
> > There was 1 error:
> > 1)

testSuccessfulAddTopic(qa.test.org.cait.argyle.module.bulletinBoard.struts.a
> > ction.TestAddTopicAction)org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException:
> > Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.util.Configuration.getContextURL(Configuration.java:185)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.util.ServletConfiguration.getServletRedirectorURL(ServletC
> > onfiguration.java:94)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.ServletHttpClient.getRedirectorURL(ServletHttpClien
> > t.java:87)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest(AbstractHttpClient.j
> > ava;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):184)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch2_doTest(AbstractHttpCli
> > ent.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):109)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around2_doTest(AbstractHttpClien
> > t.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1218)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java;o
> > rg/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):104)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractWebTestCase.jav