From Anton_Gr...@mn.man.de
Subject Please Help: Antwort: RE: Cactus 1.4.1 using WebSphere 5.0
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 15:06:29 GMT

I did not know that it is no longer possible to simulate
HTTP-Requests to a HttpServer with version 1.1 of HTTP
like it was in 1.0 using Telnet (.

Sorry wasting your time ... but I can't solve this for almost three days
now.

Anyway the output of the cactus-log is different for running my tests
against websphere
in comparison with tomcat.
Again, I use the same Cactus client configuration for both Servlet-Engines,
the same application and the same build file. The important thing for the
WebSphere-Environment
is that the URL

http://localhost:8080/mandeploymantwebapp/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testExecuteDeploymantActionSuccess&
Cactus_TestClass=iutest.de.man.mn.pcm.deploymant.struts.action.DeploymantActionTest&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST

which fails in the junit task succeeds using InternetExplorer 6.0.26 and
Netscape (empty screen).
If I request just the RedirectorServlet using the Netscape Browser on the
WebSPhere machine
      http://localhost:8080/mandeploymantwebapp/ServletRedirector?
I receive an error 500 (Error 500: Missing service name parameter
[Cactus_Service] in HTTP request. Received query string is [null].)
which should be fine. The junit tasks fails with error 404. Please see the
logs below.

The Tomcat-Files:

(See attached file: log4j_cactus.log)

The WebSphere-Files:

(See attached file: log4j_cactus.log)(See attached file: build.log)

### junit-task ###

    <junit
      printsummary="yes"
      haltonfailure="no" failureproperty="test-failed"
      fork="yes"

        <classpath>
            <!-- The Servlet API jar -->
            <pathelement location="
${global.was.extlib.dir}/JavaJ2ee_r1-3.jar"/>

            <!-- all libraries needed by this project      -->
            <fileset dir="${global.src.dir}/${web-inf.dir}/lib">
              <include name="*.jar"/>
              <include name="*.zip"/>
            </fileset>

            <!-- all classes of this project               -->
            <pathelement location="${global.build.dir}"/>
        </classpath>
        <formatter type="xml" usefile="true"/>

        <!-- test name="your.package.YourTestCaseClass1"/ -->
        <jvmarg value="-Dlog4j.configuration=file:
${global.dev.dir}/log4j.properties"/>
        <test
          name="de.man.mn.sys.test.MANJUnitUnitTest"
          haltonerror="no"
          outfile="./doc/UnitTestReport"
        />
        <test
          name="de.man.mn.sys.test.MANJUnitIntegrationTest"
          haltonerror="no"
          outfile="./doc/IntegrationTestReport"
        />
    </junit>

###

Thanks so much for any help.

A. Grimm

Anton Grimm
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
IDP - Software Produktionsumgebungen
Dachauerstr.667
D - 80995 M√ľnchen

Fon:       +49-89-1580-1054
Fax:       +49-89-1580-911054
mailto:    Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de
Internet: http://www.man-trucks.com

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected
from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this
message and any attachment
from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the
contents to any other person.