From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject which release to use?
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 14:07:59 GMT
Our organization is beginning an effort to use cactus in our build
process.  That process will definitely use the ant integration as the
means of invoking cactus.  The container we will be using it with is
JBoss v3.2.1.

I am puzzled by t he fact that the cactus web site defaults to viewing
the "latest build" (1.5) but that there is no release, not even an
alpha, for 1.5.  Yet I am intrigued by the new version since its
integration with Ant appears much smoother than in the released 1.4.1
version.  Making the choice even more confusing, when I look at the
build results and "Gump results" for the latest build I see several
errors.  Can someone knowledgeable tell me whether these errors are
serious, whether they would inhibit use of cactus in our intended manner
on the intended platform, and whether I should just grab the "latest"
release or if there is an earlier one having the functionality I need
that is more stable?  And is an alpha release planned any time soon?

Thank you.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision Inc.