From Michael Guyver <michael.guy...@camelotinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Testing JSP with Tags
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 09:02:22 GMT
Hi Smita,

Are you trying to test the look and feel of a JSP, or just whether it
responds as expected to certain combinations of input parameters?

If you are trying to test the layout, you could use a tool called MaxQ which
we're using here. Basically, to set it up you record a test script by using
it as a client-side proxy, during which time it stores all the form
parameters and their respective URLs, as well as the pages which are
returned by the server. To perform a test you can tell the proxy to replay
the URL & parameter combinations - it's more of an integration testing tool
I guess, and I'm not even sure what level of detail you would get out of it.
Probably this is a red herring, but I just thought that I would mention it.

Heresy indeed in this Cactus mailing list. Ooops.

Cheers

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Smita Gupta [mailto:mitusmita@hotmail.com]
Sent: 14 May 2003 05:58
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Testing JSP with Tags

Hi,
          I want to test how my JSP (which contains tags) looks in a web
browser. I was able to test my taglibraries. What i want is to stimulate my
tag library with data in the testcase and test my JSP. How is it possible?

Thanks
Warm Rgds
Smita

http://www.star.net.uk

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for for
the use
of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient please delete this e-mail. If you
have
received this e-mail and are not the named recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution
or other dissemination or use of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be

intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents
of this
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please

request a hard copy version.
Registered Office:
Camelot Group plc
Tolpits Lane