From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: which release to use?
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 14:23:43 GMT
Hi Steve,

we are working hard on getting a beta release of 1.5 out, but there are
some things we need to get straight until that can happen.

The Gump errors are mostly caused by the changes I'm currently doing to
cleanup the packaging of the builds (both nightlies and releases). The
packaging is being restructured to provide a smooth migration from 1.4
to 1.5, whereas the packaging of all nightlies until today is very
different and confusing IMO. After that restructuring is finished (1 to
2 days), the packages produced by Gump should be absolutely usable.

The next thing holding up a beta release is the Eclipse plugin and some
quirks with the Jetty sample. I plan to fix the latter today/tomorrow,
but the Eclipse plugin will take more time. I'm starting to think that
we should completely separate the release cycles of the main Cactus
distro and the Eclipse plugin...

-chris