From "Maria Sole Franzin" <mariasole.fran...@allos.it>
Subject testing ejb by ant
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 14:57:59 GMT

Thank u so much, i upgrade my cactus.jar version!

> The error you reported could be related to not being able to write to
> the system temporary directory. The <cactus> task tries to perform a
> local installation of the target container into that directory. To get
> around this, you can use the 'tmpdir' attribute on the container
element
> to set a different temporary directory.
>
> For testing EJBs, you'll need to use a full application server (like
> JBoss). Tomcat is "only" a servlet container, and doesn't support
> deployment of EJBs etc. You might want to check out this project:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-
> bin/viewcvs.cgi/junitbook/junitbook/ejb/integration/
>
> It's an example from Vincent's upcoming "JUnit In Action" book which
> uses Cactus and also the <cactifywar> and <cactus> tasks to test EJBs
> against JBoss.

I had a look to this link, unfortunatly I have to use jbuilder, 'cause
my project works there, so, looking at the build_cactus.xml file I found
how to use <jboss3x>, I bet I have to use the <generic> containerset to
run the borland application server, but I've no idea how to set the
"startuptarget", the "shutdowntarget" and so on, as presented  in

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/task_cactus.html

may someone help me, by an example?

Thanks in advance

Mariasole