From "Maria Sole Franzin" <mariasole.fran...@allos.it>
Subject testing ejb by ant
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 08:59:18 GMT
>Ahh, you snipped too much of the stack trace, a couple of frames more
>and we could see where this NPE is triggered. :-)

>Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that you're using an Ant-integration
JAR
>that doesn't contain all of the resources. Have you built it by hand
>somehow? Can you try with the JARs here:
>   <http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/jakarta-cactus/>

Thanks for the link! I upgraded my jars....
BTW it still doesn't work :(
i send you again the stack trace.
ResourceStream for
org/apache/cactus/integration/ant/deployment/resources/web-ap
p_2_2.dtd loaded from ant loader
   [cactus] No mapping of the filter redirector found
   [cactus] No mapping of the JSP redirector found
   [cactus] Adding Cactus system property 'cactus.servletRedirectorName'
with va
lue 'ServletRedirector'
Class org.apache.tools.ant.types.Environment$Variable loaded from parent
loader
Class java.util.jar.JarFile loaded from parent loader
Class java.util.Properties loaded from parent loader
   [cactus]
   [cactus] Running tests against Tomcat 4.1.24
   [cactus]
   [cactus] Starting up container
Finding class
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner
Class org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner loaded
from an
t loader
Class java.net.HttpURLConnection loaded from parent loader
Class java.lang.Runnable loaded from parent loader
Class java.lang.InterruptedException loaded from parent loader
   [cactus] Failed to connect to
http://localhost:8080/testcactuswebapp/ServletR
edirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST (Connection refused: connect)
Class java.lang.Thread loaded from parent loader
Finding class
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner$1
Class org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner$1
loaded from
ant loader
Class org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterChain loaded from parent loader
Class org.apache.tools.ant.filters.ReplaceTokens loaded from parent
loader
Class org.apache.tools.ant.filters.ReplaceTokens$Token loaded from
parent loader

   +Task: java
Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java loaded from parent loader
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.types.Environment$Variable.setFile(Environment.j
ava:97)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.AbstractJavaContainer.cre
ateSysProperty(AbstractJavaContainer.java:155)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.tomcat.AbstractCatalinaCo
ntainer.invokeBootstrap(AbstractCatalinaContainer.java:188)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.tomcat.Tomcat4xContainer.
shutDown(Tomcat4xContainer.java:111)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.AbstractContainer.createF
ilterChain(AbstractContainer.java:324)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.tomcat.AbstractCatalinaCo
ntainer.prepare(AbstractCatalinaContainer.java:220)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.tomcat.Tomcat4xContainer.
startUp(Tomcat4xContainer.java:97)
        at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner$1.run(Con
tainerRunner.java:185)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
   [cactus] Checking if server is up ...
   [cactus] Failed to connect to
http://localhost:8080/testcactuswebapp/ServletR
edirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST (Connection refused: connect)
   [cactus] Checking if server is up ...

The fact is that I'm not at all sure about my ant.xml build file. Did I
put all the necessary commands and tasks? (i sent it in the previous
mail)
How does the cactus task work with ejbs? It uses a container (tomcat in
my project) to run the ejbs, and a webapp to test them?
What could be the cause of *Failed to connect to http*? Is there a
documentation on *cactus task & testing ejbs* togheter?

Thanks

Mariasole