From "Legelis, John" <John.Lege...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Specifying testcases in XML?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:17:02 GMT
Interesting.  In my case, we're dealing with dynamic financial data (i.e.
market prices, etc).  Hardcoding the expected results makes the test cases
very brittle, due to the continually changing nature of the inputs (i.e.
stock pricing).

JTestCase is interesting, but it wasn't originally designed for servlets or
container-based testing.  Perhaps your approach is more sympathetic with
Tomcat, etc...

- John

-----Original Message-----
From: JONES,TIM (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) [mailto:timothy.jones@hp.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 1:08 PM
To: 'Legelis, John'; 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Specifying testcases in XML?

Absolutely.  I was trying to figure out how to test methods in a controller
servlet (Struts based) that would look through a request object and based
upon a combination of cookies/parameters, set some request scope attribute.
With the number of possible inputs for each method at 5 or 6 that's 15 - 18
testcases, with no easy way to expand in the future or test wierd requests
observed in production without more code and re-compiling.

So it was worth it for us.

Tim