From Michael Guyver <michael.guy...@camelotinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Error404 in WebSphere 5.0 Server requesting ServletRedirector
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:05:31 GMT
Hi Toni,

I've had some serious problems using Cactus with WAS 5 running within WSAD.
It seems I cannot make the cactus.properties file available to cactus by
including it within the classpath, setting the cactus.config system property
to point to it or any of the variations using -D options. I've had the same
error as you:

> org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test
results. This is
> probably due to an error that happened on the server side when trying to
execute the
> tests. Here is what was returned by the server
> The requested URL /mandeploymantwebapp/ServletRedirector was not found on
this server.

Using Ant to run the cactus tests worked for me, as I could directly set the
values for the various cactus properties *within* the <JUNIT> task:

<sysproperty key="cactus.contextURL"
value="http://localhost:8080/your_context"/>
<sysproperty key="cactus.servletRedirectorName"
value="ServletTestRedirector"/>
<sysproperty key="cactus.jspRedirectorName"     value="JspRedirector"/>
<sysproperty key="cactus.filterRedirectorName " value="FilterRedirector"/>

If you are going to test your cactus installation using a browser, you'll
need to add some properties to the URL to make it action the tests properly:

http://localhost:9080/mcguyver-web/ServletTestRedirector?Cactus_AutomaticSes
sion=true&Cactus_TestMethod=testConvert&Cactus_TestClass=uk.co.mcguyver.ejb.
ConverterTest&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST

http://localhost:9080/mcguyver-web/ServletTestRedirector?Cactus_AutomaticSes
sion=true&Cactus_TestMethod=testConvert&Cactus_TestClass=uk.co.mcguyver.ejb.
ConverterTest&Cactus_Service=GET_RESULTS

Sorry if these aren't too readable, but the keys are:

Cactus_AutomaticSession
Cactus_TestMethod
Cactus_TestClass
Cactus_Service = either CALL_TEST or GET_RESULTS

Obviously substitute your own context!

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Mike