From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject using cactus and ant tasks
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:11:04 GMT

Hi,

    It seems downloading a nightly build fixed my problems with the
cactus.properties and the HTML generation from the junit XSL stylesheet.
It all works fine when I invoke the tests from my browser after manually
starting TYomcat 4.1.18. Now I want to automate it all with Ant and I
have the following:

    <target name="test.tomcat" depends="deploy"
        if="catalina.exists" description="Run tests on Tomcat">

        <!-- Start the servlet engine, wait for it to be started, run the
        unit tests, stop the servlet engine, wait for it to be stopped.
        The servlet engine is stopped if the tests fail for any reason -->

        <runservertests

testURL="http://127.0.0.1:8080/gridsphere/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST"
            startTarget="start.tomcat"
            stopTarget="stop.tomcat"
            testTarget="test"/>

    </target>

    <!--

         Start Tomcat 4.0

    -->
    <target name="start.tomcat">

        <java classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap" fork="yes">
            <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${env.CATALINA_HOME}"/>
            <arg value="start"/>
            <classpath>
                <pathelement path="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"/>
                <fileset dir="${env.CATALINA_HOME}">
                    <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
                </fileset>
            </classpath>
        </java>

    </target>

    <!--
    Stop Tomcat
    -->
    <target name="stop.tomcat">
        <java classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap" fork="yes">
            <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${env.CATALINA_HOME}"/>
            <arg value="stop"/>
            <classpath>
                <fileset dir="${env.CATALINA_HOME}">
                    <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
                </fileset>
            </classpath>
        </java>
    </target>

But now after starting up I get this error:

test:
    [junit] Running org.gridlab.gridsphere.GridSphereTest

    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.598 sec
    [junit] Testsuite: org.gridlab.gridsphere.GridSphereTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.598 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testPortletDescriptor took 0.551 sec
    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
    [junit] org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing
Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.configuration.BaseConfiguration.getContextURL(BaseConfiguration.java:208)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.configuration.AbstractWebConfiguration.getRedirectorURL$ajcPostAround6(AbstractWebConfiguration.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):85)

    I also put cactus.properties in my WEB-INF/classes directory of my
webapp but that doesn't help I guess.

    Thanks very much, Jason