From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: nightly build
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:09:55 GMT
Matt,

I believe Erik's web page are using Cactus 1.4.1 and not Cactus 1.5dev.
You need to understand that the Ant Integration module is new to Cactus
1.5! It did not exist in Cactus 1.4.1 or before. What did exist was some
sample Ant build files that were located in the Sample Servlet. These
scripts have been generalized and made generic and Cactus is now
delivering an integration module called the Ant integration module that
can be used as is. It is now much much easier to integrate Cactus with
your project's Ant script.

When I mentioned to you that you should check the Sample Servlet
application, I meant the 1.5dev Sample Servlet application (the
reference you are giving to me is from Cactus 1.4.1 and before). You
don't need cactus*ant* in ANT_HOME/lib at all nor anything for that
matter. You don't even need to worry at all about CLASSPATH anymore!

Here's the relevant portion from the Sample Application:

    <path id="cactus.classpath">
        <pathelement location="${target.classes.java.dir}"/>
        <pathelement location="${servlet.jar}"/>
        [...]
    </path>

    <ant dir="${build.integration.dir}" target="cactus.run.tomcat4x">
        <reference refid="cactus.classpath"/>
    </ant>

where cactus.classpath is a path reference containing external jars
needed to compile the cactus test cases (excluding the Cactus related
jars which are added automatically by the Ant integration module
script).

That's all you need to run Cactus tests (of course the Ant integration
module has several Ant properties that you can use to customize its
behavior for your needs)!

Hope it helps,
-Vincent