From "Aldrin Leal" <ald...@leal.eng.br>
Subject ServletTestRunner misbehaviour
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 23:19:55 GMT
Hello,

    Vincent Massol asked me to post a problem i've had with cactus, in order
to find a solution, the problem affects both JUnit and Cactus'
ServletTestRunner.

    They both try to call System.setProperty, causing an exception under
some hosting providers. I found this in Brazilian LocaWeb. A solution might
be disabling all the offending code, by re-writing/re-compiling
BaseTestRunner from JUnit and ServletTestRunner from Cactus.

    I think an alternative could be read the setup using
getResourcesAsStream for a given class looking for a .properties file. For a
simple package, it might be really useful.

    Well. I just had to report. Cactus is great. It was just a small problem
with my production environment.

    Thanks in advance, Aldrin Leal, aldrin@leal.eng.br.