From "Robertson, Jason" <Jason.Robert...@acs-inc.com>
Subject RE: Stopping the Server at the Beginning of Tests
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:31:37 GMT
If you start the server manually before running your build process, the
runsservertests will detect this and not try to start the server.
Subsequently, it won't try to stop it when it is done since it wasn't the
one who started it. Does this solve your problem?

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Clint Shank [mailto:clint_shank@fanniemae.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 2:57 PM
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Stopping the Server at the Beginning of Tests

Hi,

I'm trying to do this kind of automated testing:

stop a running server instance
get the latest code and build
start the server
run the tests
wait for the next build cycle which is a few hours away

I'm actually using CruiseControl for this and am using the
runservertests Ant task.  The ultimate goal is to keep the server up
until the next build cycle for manual testing.  I first tried removing
the stopTarget of runservertests, but the build fails saying this is
required.  Any suggestions?  I'm using 1.4b1.