From Barbara Allori <ball...@akros.it>
Subject Re: runservertests
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:54:09 GMT
At 11.26 07/03/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello Barbara,
>
>Barbara Allori wrote:
>>Hello,
>>         I am a new  Italian user.
>>I am getting a LogConfigurationException when trying to run a servlet test:
>>org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
>>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at
>>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:509)

>>at
>>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:285)

>>at
>>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:255)

>>at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
>
>I assume this exception is thrown on the server side?

Yes

>>I'm using Tomcat 4.1 and Cactus 1.4.1; I have put the
>>commons-logging-1.0.jar in common/lib directory of Tomcat and also in the
>>web-inf/lib dir of my web application.
>
>Try with putting the Commons-Logging JAR *only* in WEB-INF/lib

This doesn't resolve the problem, because now the error is

The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
<pre>org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:530)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:285)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:255)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:382) at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around112_doGet

>-chris

Thanks Barbara