From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: runservertests
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:26:18 GMT
Hello Barbara,

Barbara Allori wrote:
> Hello,
>         I am a new  Italian user.
> I am getting a LogConfigurationException when trying to run a servlet test:
>
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:509)
> at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:285)
> at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:255)
> at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)

I assume this exception is thrown on the server side?

> I'm using Tomcat 4.1 and Cactus 1.4.1; I have put the
> commons-logging-1.0.jar in common/lib directory of Tomcat and also in
> the web-inf/lib dir of my web application.

Try with putting the Commons-Logging JAR *only* in WEB-INF/lib

> If I want to use  the runservertests task  with already running
> servers,  how to is possible?

In that case, you don't need the <runservertests> task, the purpose of
which is just to start a server and stop it when some Ant target has
completed.

To run the tests on a running server, just use the plain <junit> task.
The Cactus test cases will take care of communicating with the server,
provided that you are specifying the required system properties.

> Thanks
> Barbara

-chris