From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: distribution zip file problem?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:36:49 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> You're right. I've just tried it and got the same result. Hum... This is
> zipped using the <zip> Ant task on a FreeBSD box. I've just opened a
> shell there and the archive is fine and can be uncompressed there. I'm
> on windows XP and it works with the default XP unzip.
> Anyway, there's definitely an issue that we need to fix.
> Any idea guys?

Definitely a weird problem :-P

I've also checked with Cygwin zip/unzip, jar and WinRAR. They all work.
There's nothing special about our usage of the <zip> task AFAICT, and
builds of other projects on that machine seem to work fine (I've looked
at Ant and Slide).

In fact I can reproduce the problem here, using for example the
cactus/anttasks 'release' target. I tried turning off compression,
setting encoding to ASCII and UTF8, and even only including a single
file without path etc. All to no avail. I'm beginning to feel stupid and
will give it a rest :-(

[how can I turn on WinZip trace logging? ;-) ]

> Thanks
> -Vincent

Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de