From "White, Melissa" <mwh...@triactive.com>
Subject RE: Cactus with JRun 3.1
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:48:29 GMT
Vincent,

The jrun program that I'm running is a binary executable. As I said in my

<target name="start-jrun">
  <exec executable="jrun">
    <arg line="-start tsm-manager" />
  </exec>
</target>

This does start the container. I guess my question is: how can I be sure my
tests are actually running in the container? Since the JVM args defined in
my JRun local.properties file are not being recognized by my tests, it seems
like they are running in the Ant JVM, not the JVM started by my start-jrun
task.

I did check the JRun mailing list archives, but there are no Cactus-related
posts. There have been some posts related to using Cactus with JRun on this
list though, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this problem.

Thanks!  Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 9:03 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Cactus with JRun 3.1

Hi Melissa,

Your problem look like a jrun configuration issue. One point though:
What is the file type of "jrun" that you execute in the <exec>? Is it a
shell script or a binary executable?

If it is a shell script, then the executable should be "cmd" or
"command" if you're on windows or "sh", "ksh", etc if you're on unix.
The name of the script should then be passed as an <arg value="jrun"/>
nested tag.

However, you mention that the container does start, which means it is
probably something else...

Unfortunately, I don't use JRun and does not know how to configure it.
Have you tried the JRun mailing-list/forum/support?

Thanks
-Vincent