From Adam Lancaster <lancaster_a...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HttpRecoverableException: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:36:43 GMT
Thanks for the reply. I am using only tomcat 4.0.6.
And the connector definitions that I have are like
this, so I think they are ok:

<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
               port="8081" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true"
redirectPort="8445"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"
connectionTimeout="60000"/>

<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
       port="8445" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
       enableLookups="true"
       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https"
secure="true">
	<Factory
className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"

	keystoreFile="d:/certs/keystore"
keystorePass="password"
	clientAuth="false" protocol="SSL"/>
</Connector>

Since I wrote the first message, I discovered that
part of the problem seems to be that I am running the
tests under https (our webapp runs everything under
ssl). Are there any reasons why using ssl would cause
this kind of error? I finally tried running the tests
without ssl and it worked.

--- John Towell <jtowell@logicalevolution.biz> wrote:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg02800.html

> > Hello,
> >
> > Is the error below a classpath problem or a jar
> > version problem? I am using cactus 1.4.1 and
> tomcat
> > 4.0.6. I've seen some postings about this and they
> > talked about getting a newer version of the
> > httpclient, which I tried, but it had the same
> > results.
> >
> > <error

message="org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:
> > java.net.SocketException: Software caused
> connection
> > abort: socket write error"

type="org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException">org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:
> > java.net.SocketException: Software caused
> connection
> > abort: socket write error at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:476)