From Ian Kallen <spida...@arachna.com>
Subject RE: iterative tag with nested tags example
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:39:56 GMT

Hi Vincent,

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Vincent Massol wrote:
> - Have you had a look at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/writing/howto_testcase_jsp.html?

Yes, I guess what's unclear is how to setup the tag hierarchy in the
setUp() phase so that when you do pageContext.pushBody() inside your loop
you're getting the interior tags evaluated.  The simple cases are fine, it
seems like when the tag has a body _and_ the body is iteritively
evaluated, the game gets a little hazy.

> - Also, there's a new JspTagLifeCycle class in Cactus 1.5 to help unit
> testing taglibs. The best doc for it is in the cactus servlet sample.
> Here's the test suite for JspTagLifeCycle:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-cactus/samples/servlet/src/test-ca
> ctus/j2ee13/org/apache/cactus/sample/unit/TestJspTagLifecycle.java?rev=1
> .2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Sounds good.

How soon is 1.5 going into release?  It looks like the nightlies are
building with various levels of completeness, not sure which one I should
work with.