From "Fred Loney" <lo...@spiritedsw.com>
Subject Re: jboss-tomcat error
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:56:47 GMT
The LogConfigurationException indicates that the logger implementation,
presumably a log4j.jar class, is not available in the war classloader
hierarchy. The jboss-tomcat4.1 bundle does not correctly identify the
log4j jar in the tomcat deployer. However, the logger normally works
because a compatible log4j jar is picked up from a jboss boot lib.

Your tomcat4.0.6 bundle probably has a similar configuration. The
problem is locating the log4j class. Try the following steps:

o Check the jboss log for WARN messages.

o Add the cactus distro lib log4j.jar in your war lib.

o Search the jboss forums.

The fact that your webapp works in tomcat standalone but not in the
jboss-tomcat bundle suggests that this is a jboss config problem rather
than a cactus config problem.

Fred Loney
Spirited Software, Inc.
www.spiritedsw.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dnyaneshwari Joshi" <djoshi@krohmSolutions.com>
To: "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 10:07 PM
Subject: RE: jboss-tomcat error

> Hello,
>
> As mentioned, I removed all the files added earlier from default/lib
> folder which are used by cactus
>
> The listing of default/lib folder is as follows
>
> I have the following directory structure
> C:\JBOSS and
> Tomcat\jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.0.6\server\default\deploy\Verify.war
> Meta-Inf\manifest.mf
> WEB-INF\ classes\TestValidateUserServlet.class
> WEB-INF\ classes\ValidateUserServlet.class
> WEB-INF\ Web.xml
> In Verify.war\WEB-INF\lib I have
> cactus.jar
> commons-httpclient.jar
> commons-logging.jar
> junit.jar
> aspectjrt.jar
>
> Contents of my WEB-Inf\ web.xml file are as follows
>
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
>     "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
>
> <web-app>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-c
> lass>
>     </servlet>
>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <jsp-file>/jspRedirector.jsp</jsp-file>
>     </servlet>
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>ServletTestRunner</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>
>         org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner
>     </servlet-class>
> </servlet>
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/JspRedirector</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>ServletTestRunner</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/ServletTestRunner</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
> </web-app>
>
> Still I am getting this exception
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImp
> l.java:509)
> at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
> l.java:285)
> at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
> l.java:255)
> at
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
> at

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around91_doGet(Servlet
> TestRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1142)
> at

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunne
> r.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> at

> tionFilterChain.java:247)
> at

> erChain.java:193)
> at

> e.java:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

> e.java:190)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
> va:246)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
> 7)
> at

> :180)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
> lve.java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
> at

> :170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

> java:174)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
> ava:1027)
> at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
> 1125)
>

> Also, I am using jboss version3.0.4 with tomcat 4.0.6.
> I would like to know if there is any problem with this tomcat version?
> The same code works absolutely fine with tomcat
> I am not getting why is this happening..Please help...
> Thanks and regards,
> Dnyaneshwari

It's