From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Testing EJB - Newbie: please help
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:01:34 GMT

Certainly. In Cactus 1.5 we have focused on Cactus usability. It is now
extremely easy to use Cactus. However, for EJB it is still a bit complex
but it does work and several users are using Cactus to unit test EJBs.
That will be the focus of Cactus 1.6.

> I did some tests with JUnit and
> thought Cactus would be as easy as JUnit.

Almost, we are trying very hard to bring it to the same level! (with
Cactus 1.5). However you have to realize that being as easy to use as
JUnit would be a feat for Cactus as unit testing a java bean is not the
same as unit testing an EJB in a live container! :-)

> I also do not understand in
> which
> way the result comes back.

Please read the "how it works" tutorial

> Is it an XML-File like in the 20-minutes
> tutorial?

No. It's up to you. Read the "Howto Runner" tutorial.

> Did anyone has created the build-file for the How-To EJB converter
Example
> for the J2ee RI server? How do others test their EJBs?

Search the cactus archives. One of the item on the todo list is to
create a sample EJB application in the same way as we have a
sample-servlet one. Help is welcome! :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

> Thanks
>
> Beate