From "Dnyaneshwari Joshi" <djo...@krohmSolutions.com>
Subject RE: jboss-tomcat error
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 06:07:28 GMT
Hello,

As mentioned, I removed all the files added earlier from default/lib
folder which are used by cactus

The listing of default/lib folder is as follows

I have the following directory structure
C:\JBOSS and
Tomcat\jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.0.6\server\default\deploy\Verify.war
Meta-Inf\manifest.mf
WEB-INF\ classes\TestValidateUserServlet.class
WEB-INF\ classes\ValidateUserServlet.class
WEB-INF\ Web.xml
In Verify.war\WEB-INF\lib I have
cactus.jar
commons-httpclient.jar
commons-logging.jar
junit.jar
aspectjrt.jar

Contents of my WEB-Inf\ web.xml file are as follows

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-c
lass>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
        <jsp-file>/jspRedirector.jsp</jsp-file>
    </servlet>
<servlet>
    <servlet-name>ServletTestRunner</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner
    </servlet-class>
</servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/JspRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ServletTestRunner</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ServletTestRunner</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Still I am getting this exception
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImp
l.java:509)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
l.java:285)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
l.java:255)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
	at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around91_doGet(Servlet
TestRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1142)
	at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunne
r.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
	at
erChain.java:193)
	at
e.java:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
e.java:190)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:246)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
7)
	at
:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:1027)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1125)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Also, I am using jboss version3.0.4 with tomcat 4.0.6.
I would like to know if there is any problem with this tomcat version?
The same code works absolutely fine with tomcat
I am not getting why is this happening..Please help...
Thanks and regards,
Dnyaneshwari