From "Beate Jehn" <je...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Testing EJB - Newbie: please help
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:15:22 GMT
I'm not focused on using the deploytool. What I want to do is to create a
tool, that semi-automatically creates testcases for EJBs and executes them.
This will be part of my diploma-thesis. The process of testing shall be
automated, so I hope Cactus could help. I did some tests with JUnit and
thought Cactus would be as easy as JUnit. I also do not understand in which
way the result comes back. Is it an XML-File like in the 20-minutes
tutorial?

Did anyone has created the build-file for the How-To EJB converter Example
for the J2ee RI server? How do others test their EJBs?

Thanks

Beate

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Lenz" <cmlenz@gmx.de>
To: "Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: Testing EJB - Newbie: please help

> Beate,
>
> if you're using the J2EE-RI with its deploytool, Cactus might not be the
> right tool for you, and you might want to look at JUnitEE for an
> alternative. Cactus shows its strength when used in automated
> integration builds, not so much in manual processes.
>
> On the other hand, if you are serious about XP, you should replace your
> usage of the deploytool GUI with Ant, XDoclet and Cactus. :-)
>
> Beate Jehn wrote:
> > Hello Stefan,
> >
> > thanks for your answer. I've checked out the module, but it didn't
really help. I think I better state my problem more precicely.

> > My problem is lying in the installation and configuration of cactus. I
have done the getting started 20 minutes
> > tutorial and did all the settings there and it worked with the tomcat
server.

> > Now I would like to use our J2ee RI Server 1.3.1. I do not understand
the instructions in order to test EJBs that are stated in the EJB-How-To.

> > 1. EJB-Jar Step 3 of the Tutorial
> > After I have created a Deployment Descriptor via the deploytool, is it
necessary to do Step 3? Where do I have to prepare EJB Runtime? Is there a
file?

> > 2. Cactus-Web-Application - Step 2
> > Where do I have to change the web.xml? In every .WAR file? Or within the
conf directory of the Server (j2sdkee1.3.1/conf/web.xml)