From "Joseph Milora" <joemil...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Separating Cactus tests from the application
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:56:33 GMT
You can try using XDoclet. Using merge files you can do the following:

<XDtConfig:ifConfigParamEquals paramName="enable.cactus"

                                                value="true">

<servlet-mapping>

 <servlet-name>

           ServletRedirector

      </servlet-name>

       <url-pattern>

             /ServletRedirector

         </url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

</XDtConfig:ifConfigParamEquals>

If you set enable.cactus =true in your ant build file, the servlet mappings will be included
in the web.xml file. Otherwise, they'll be excluded. You also need to set

conditions in your build file to include/exclude the necessary libraries during your tests.

When you need production ear files, you just set enable.cactus(or whatever you name the property)
to false. None of the cactus files, libraries, or deployment entries

will be included in the build.

You can also use ant to dynamically set your cactus.properties file for different deployment
options.

Joe Milora