From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: How to test apps that require specific Server.xml
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:32:46 GMT
I actually like #2 a lot!  The reason is I can see a nightmare of custom
server.xml's for option 1.  Whereas, with option 2, I am using the same
tomcat setup for my cactus tests, as I would if I just started it up!  I'll
look into it.

Eric Pugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 11:11 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: How to test apps that require specific Server.xml

Hi Eric,

I have been thinking a bit about this and I don't have a perfect
solution yet. I can think of 2:

1/ Have an optional Maven Cactus plugin property, such as
maven.cactus.tomcat4x.serverxml. If defined, the cactus plugin will one
the location specified by it and if not, it will use the default
server.xml. A variation of this is what you suggest: merging the 2
server.xml. That's true for all configuration files for all
containers...

2/ Have the ability in the cactus plugin to point to an existing tomcat
setup instead of deploying it in a tmp directory. Thus for simple tests,
users would use the predefined setup and for complex one, it could use a
user-defined setup.

-Vincent