From Paul Christmann <p...@priorartisans.com>
Subject Re: failures and errors are reversed in cactus compared with junit
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:57:32 GMT
Cactus 1.4.1 was distributed with junit 3.7.  So its quite possible (or
even likely?) that your cactus testing is using junit 3.7.  That version
of junit did not support assertEquals.  So in that case, you will get an
error -- its not that the assertEquals condition failed, its that the
method "assertEquals" is not found.

I encountered something similar, and had to replace the junit.jar from
the cactus 1.4.1 distribution with the newer junit.jar.  And I do see
that failed error conditions are properly reported as Failures, not Errors.

I'm not doing ejb testing, though, so if there is something specific
about ejb in-container vs. out-container testing, feel free to ignore
this...

Paul Christmann