From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: start.tomcat task
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:46:49 GMT

Are
> you
> saying that there is no taskdef for "runservertests" in 1.5?

What it means is that there is now a new front end for Cactus called
"Ant Integration" (I checked this only about 1 month ago). Before,
Cactus was only providing a sample application that was showing how you
*could* write an Ant build file that automates Cactus tests. Now, Cactus
delivers a packaged Ant extension that you can use as is from an
existing Ant build file for running your Cactus tests. There is no
documentation yet apart from looking at the revamped sample-servlet
application which is now using this "Ant Integration" for running the
sample tests.

> The 2nd URL
> (http://tinyurl.com/63js) solved my issue and my start.tomcat task now
> looks
> (and works!) as follows:
>
> <target name="start.tomcat">
>     <java classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap"
fork="yes">
>         <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${tomcat.home}"/>
>         <!--arg value="-config"/>
>         <arg value="${basedir}/${out.server.dir}/conf/server.xml"/-->
>         <arg value="start"/>
>         <classpath>
>             <pathelement path="${env.JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar"/>
>             <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}">
>                 <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
>             </fileset>
>         </classpath>