From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Can't get authenticated using JDBC Realm
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:59:03 GMT
Hi Mark,

I have personally never tried using the JDBC realm in Tomcat and I'm not
sure I can help you much. I can only tell you (as you already know) that
Cactus supports Basic and Form based authentications and this should be
completely independent on the underlying mechanism provided by the
container.

I would say this is a setup issue but who knows.

Thanks and sorry for not helping you much...
-Vincent

Cactus is
> a GREAT tool and everything was going fine - I was able to run a
servlet
> test case, and by following the Cactus 'Security Howto' I got
> authenticated
> using a Tomcat 4.1.12 Basic authentication and a Memory Realm.
However,
> using the same test case I'm not able to get authenticated using a
JDBC