From "Tomas Bornefall (EAB)" <tomas.bornef...@era.ericsson.se>
Subject Problems with Tomcat Quick start XSL transformation in IE 6
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:06:48 GMT
Hi,

I followed the Quick start tutorial:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_tomcat.html

and everything was OK until the last step, transforming the XML output to HTTP in the browser.
With Sun j2se-1.4.1-01, tomcat-4.1.18-LE-jdk14, jakarta-cactus-13-1.4.1 and IE 6.0.2600.0000CO
on Win2000 SP3 I got a transformation without explicit error messages but "Unit Test Results"
was presented at the bottom of the page, the "Package" and "Summary" tables was not presented
and for the Summary only the heading was presented. "Summary" was also under "TestCase"

The following texts (that looks like Javascript errors?) was also shown in the transformed
page:

javascript:displayProperties('.'); Properties ยป

cur = TestCases['.'] = new Array(); cur[''] = '';

At the bottom of the page there was also "Name Tests Errors Failures Time(s) Name Tests Errors
Failures Time(s) Name Status Type Time(s) Failure Error Error Failure Error Success N/A
\' \\"

Replacing the junit-noframes.xsl with the one coming with ant.1.5.1 did not help.

I saw some earlier discussions about in-browser transformation problems and a suggestion to
include server side transformation in Cactus. This seems to be a very god idea. But until
this is done, do anyone have any suggestions?

Kind regards

Tomas Bornefall