From Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Can't find classes in pkgs outside WEB-INF/classes
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:41:44 GMT
I have a server-side class loading problem, but not able to figure out why.
Using Cactus I can run tests and access servlets just fine if the classes
are all located under WEB-INF/classes directory, but I get
NoClassDefFoundError if I try to access classes in a different package.
This is a working application so I'm obviously not understanding something
from the Cactus/classloader side of things.  I've read the ClassPath HowTo
and it only describes a WEB-INF/classes structure.  Given this directory
structure:

/WEB-INF

    /classes

        Servlet1.class
        TestClass1.class
        /pkg1

           AppClass1.class

I can run a test case where TestClass1 instantiates Servlet1, but if
Servlet1 tries to instantiate pkg1.AppClass1, it's not found.  This seems
like it should be something very simple but I'm at a loss.

Any help will be appreciated, and sorry for yet a newbie question that's
CLASSPATH related.

Mark