From Mark Allen <mal...@pangaeainc.com>
Subject Can't get client side logging to work
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:42:40 GMT
I'm having real trouble getting the client side logging to work.  I know
that log4jconfig.properties is in by class path since it is right beside
cactus.properties and that is found.

Here is the error message I'm getting:

    [junit] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.cactus.util.JUnitVersionHelper).
    [junit] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Here's by log4jconfig.properties

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, cactus

# Properties for configuring Log4j
# This is the configuring for logging on the JUnit side (i.e. the client
side)

log4j.appender.cactus = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.cactus.File = ./log/cactus_client.log
log4j.appender.cactus.Append = false
log4j.appender.cactus.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.cactus.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %-5p
%-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n

# By default we don't log at the DEBUG level for Cactus log, in order not to
generate too
# many logs. However, should a problem arise and logs need to be sent to the
Cactus dev team,
# then we will ask you to change this to DEBUG.
log4j.category.org.apache.cactus = WARN, cactus
#log4j.additivity.org.apache.cactus=false

# Don't show debug logs for HttpClient
log4j.category.org.apache.commons.httpclient = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.org.apache.commons.httpclient=false
log4j.category.httpclient = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.httpclient=false

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Mark Allen