From Brian Coyner <guitarman_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: books on cactus?
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:05:15 GMT
We take the stance that testing EJBs is too hard and therefore you should
design your EJBs to be testable outside of a container. Taking this approach
forces you to think about what your EJBs are doing, and where new interfaces
can be introduced (interfaces that do not rely on the javax.ejb.* packages). By
moving your business logic into standalone classes allows you to use JUnit to
test your server side code.

I am working on a project were we separate out our business logic into
"Business Objects". The objects do not rely on a server and therefore we test
them using JUnit. Our session beans delegate to these business objects to
perform the work load. This approach works with servlets, too.

----
Brian M. Coyner
Senior Software Engineer
Object Computing, Inc.