From neal.johnston-w...@ubs.com
Subject RE: unable to find line starting with "HTTP/"
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:23:45 GMT
Hi,

I have sniffed the responses from the WebSphere z/OS App Server and we
are definitely getting valid responses back. So there must be a problem
between the Commons HtpClient and the server. There are two requests
that are caught:

1.
/TestCactus/ServletTestRunner?suite=TestCactusServlet&xsl=junit-noframes
.xsl
2. /TestCactus/junit-noframes.xsl

Each of these are responded from the z/OS App Server. However, the
response for number 1 is the HTTP not found exception passed back from
the ServletTestRunner. The response starts as;

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: WebSphere Application Server/4.0
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

156c
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="junit-noframes.xsl"?><testsuites><testsuite
name="TestCactusServlet" tests="1" failures="0" errors="1"
time="10.184"><testcase name="testNeal" time="10.182"><error
message="Error in parsing the status  line from the response: unable to
find line starting with &quot;HTTP/&quot;"
type="org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException">org.apache
.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException: Error in parsing the
status  line from the response: unable to find line starting with
&quot;HTTP/&quot;
      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(HttpMethodBa
se.java:1791)
      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpMethodBase
.java:1559)
      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMethodBa
se.java:2219)

I think there must be some more activity that we cannot sniff going on
between the ServletTestRunner and the HttpClient which is not getting
picked up by sniffers. Does anybody have any ideas for which components
I should set traces?

regards,

Neal