From neal.johnston-w...@ubs.com
Subject unable to find line starting with "HTTP/"
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:03:19 GMT
Hi,

I am relatively new to Cactus. I have managed to get Cactus 1.4.1
working in WSAD v4.03. I have packaged all the required jar files into
the test WAR file, within an EAR file which I then run in the WebSphere
single server under WSAD. I use the ServletTestRunner. This works OK on
WSAD but when I deploy the EAR file to WebSphere z/OS v 4.04 (the target
application server) there seems to be a problem with the HTTPClient. I
get the following errors:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <testsuites>

- <testsuite name="TestCactusServlet" tests="1" failures="0" errors="1"
time="40.151">

- <testcase name="testNeal" time="40.148">

<error message="org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:
Error in parsing the status line from the response: unable to find line
starting with "HTTP/""
type="org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException">org.apache.commons.ht
tpclient.HttpException:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException: Error in parsing
the status line from the response: unable to find line starting with
"HTTP/" at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java
:476) at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
20) at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.dispatch24_connect(L
ogAspect.aj(1k):164) at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.around24_connect(Log
Aspect.aj(1k):1236) at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect(LogAspect.aj
(1k):106) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest(LogAspect.aj(1k)
:186) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch2_doTest(LogAspect.a
j(1k):109) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around2_doTest(LogAspect.aj(
1k):1236) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(LogAspect.aj(1k):104)
at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractWebTestCase
.java:260) at

etc.......

I am currently looking into this but if anybody out there can point me
in the right direction then I will be very gratefull.

Incidentally, once I have this working on WebSphere z/OS I will provide
details on how to do it, both during development in WSAD and on
WebSphere z/OS.

Best Regards
Neal Johnston-Ward

UBS Switzerland