From "Wolfgang Egger" <wolfgang.eg...@beaglesoft.biz>
Subject RE: test.resin.20
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:10:05 GMT
Servus Christopher,

yes, that's what I need.
I use CruiseControl for my building- and testing-process. CruiseControl
listens at our CVS and if someone is checking in, some ant-tasks are
started to build and test the System. After that, cruiscontrol is
sending a mail reporting if the build was successfull or not. Than it
sleeps for a while, wake up and looks again for some news in the
repository. For that, all the build-tasks must terminate.

One of the computers that are involved in my testing-system is a
"mirror" of the final-end-user-server. Sometimes the httpd has to be
stoped and started, if an CVS-checkin was made. Without that, I have to
wait, until a test fails, check the reason and in some cases do a
manually restart of httpd, followd by the building and
testing-process:-(
It would be much much more comfortable if I wouldn't have to do that
manually steps .....

> I've had the same problem some time ago, I really hope Ant
> will support
> this kind of task in some future version.

I hope with you:-)

Wolfgang