From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Problem finding Cactus property
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:00:31 GMT
Hi Eric,

This is indeed very strange. As you mentioned the cactus.properties is
provided by the cactus plugin itself so it should always be there...

Would you be able to send to the list a complete (but minimal) project
on which you have reproduced this behaviour, so that I can try it?

Thanks
-Vincent

com.upstate.customerservice.creditcards.service.TestCreditCardTransactio
nS
> er
> vice
> Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Time elapsed: 0.156 sec
>
> Testcase: testPropertiesSetForCreditCardService took 0.078 sec
> 	Caused an ERROR
> Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]
> org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus
property
> [cactus.contextURL]
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.util.Configuration.getContextURL(Configuration.java:18
5)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.util.ServletConfiguration.getServletRedirectorURL(Serv
le
> tC
> onfiguration.java:94)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.client.ServletHttpClient.getRedirectorURL(ServletHttpC
li
> en
> t.java:87)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest(AbstractHttpClie
nt
> .j
> ava;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):184)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch2_doTest(AbstractHtt
pC
> li
> ent.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):109)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around2_doTest(AbstractHttpC
li
> en
> t.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1236)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.ja
va
> ;o
> rg/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):104)
> 	at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractWebTestCase
.j
> av
> a:260)
> 	at
> org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:133)
> 	at
> org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:195)
>
> However, what is odd is that on the same machine, another project
using
> the
> maven plugin works fine!  Not sure what the difference could be.  I
did a
> diff of both /cactus directories, and aside from app specific
differences,
> everything is the same, including the various cactus files.  I did
check,
> and cactus.contextURL is specified in
> /target/cactus/resources/cactus.properties file.  This is against
Tomcat