From "Collin VanDyck" <cvand...@mindspring.com>
Subject Newbie issues with Cactus.
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:47:40 GMT
Hi,

I am just getting started with Cactus, and I'm having some strange issues.

I'm on Win2K, running JBoss/Tomcat (3.0.4/4.1.12) and deploying files locally to the same
machine.  I am using jakarta-cactus-13-1.3, j2sdkee1.3.1, and jdk1.3.1_02.

 I'm using a WAR, which contains my generated interface classes for my EJB entity beans using
XDoclet, and the TestServlet.class file, along with other generated DDs.  My JAR contains
the same interfaces along with the CMP implementations, also including the generated DDs.

My first problem is that when I use ant to pack up and redeploy,  JBoss does notice it and
redeploys those JARs accordingly.  However, when I hit the test servlet again, none of my
changes show up unless I restart JBoss.   I can completely delete methods out of my TestServlet
and change test criteria.  It still displays the old class methods and tests.  Is this a caching
issue with the TestServlet?  I haven't seen behavior like this before.

My second problem is that I keep getting a noSuchMethod exception, rather sporadically.  It
usually happens when I reboot JBoss and attempt to run the test again.

In my %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/lib directory, I have the cactus-ant.jar, cactus.jar, aspectjrt.jar,
commons-httpclient.jar, httpunit.jar, junit.jar, and commons-logging.jar.  I believe that
is the correct configuration, but my thinking was that why would it be able to find the method
it is looking for one time, and not the next when none of these files change?

Many thanks for any help you all can provide.  Here is the exception:

Collin

09:35:14,140 ERROR [Engine] ----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.XMLFormatter.dispatch109_endTest(XMLFormatter.java;org/ap
ache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):271)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.XMLFormatter.around109_endTest(XMLFormatter.java;org/apac
he/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1149)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.XMLFormatter.endTest(XMLFormatter.java;org/apache/cactus/
util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):264)
        at junit.framework.TestResult.endTest(TestResult.java:72)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.dispatch92_run(ServletTestRunner.java;o
rg/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):161)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around92_run(ServletTestRunner.java;org
/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1218)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.run(ServletTestRunner.java;org/apache/c
actus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):137)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.dispatch91_doGet(ServletTestRunner.java
;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):121)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around91_doGet(ServletTestRunner.java;o
rg/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1149)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunner.java;org/apache
/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j
ava:247)
.
.
.