From "Rafal Marciniak" <pr...@wp.pl>
Subject Problem with Cactus on Unix Jboss/Tomcat
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:31:59 GMT
Hello,

I'm new to cactus ans at the begining I've got some problems,

1. when I write tests on NT tomcat 4.0.1 everything works fine,
but when I'm trying to execute the same tests on unix
jboss/tomcat environment I'm getting NullPointerException after
finishing begin method and before test method starts. That
happenend only when I'm trying to put cookie into WebRequest
object in begin method.

theRequest.addCookie("JSESSIONID", WebkeeperTest.sessionId);

All stack trace is listed bellow.

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractConnectionHelper.dispatch1_getCo
okieString
(AbstractConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspe
ct.aj(1k):198) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractConnectionHelper.around1_getCook
ieString
(AbstractConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspe
ct.aj(1k):1218) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractConnectionHelper.getCookieString
(AbstractConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspe
ct.aj(1k):150) at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.dispatch24_co
nnect
(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAs
pect.aj(1k):148) at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.around24_conn
ect
(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAs
pect.aj(1k):1218) at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect
(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAs
pect.aj(1k):106) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest
(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
(1k):186) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch2_doTest
(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
(1k):109) at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around2_doTest
(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
(1k):1218) at org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest
(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
(1k):104) at org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runGenericTest
(AbstractWebTestCase.java:260) at
Could anyone can help why that exception is raised.

2. Is't possible to write cactus test which will works on one
app server and will test application on another app server. If
yes, where could I find such as example.

3. If anyone tested Velocity serlets with cactus, how to do it
in simplest way, is there any example of doing it.

I had to say that I've read cactus documentation from
jakarta.apache.org and try to search mailing archive but I
didn't found answers for my questions,

I'm using:
jboss 2.4.4
tomcat 4.0.1