From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Sample error
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:17:17 GMT
Michael Burke wrote:
> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> this looks pretty weird, as the stack trace says that the class
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer can't be found, but further
>> down in the stack trace you can see that the invocation originates in
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina. Both classes are in the same
>> catalina.jar archive, and should thus both be on the classpath.
>>
>> Apparently, and as you say, the tomcat.home.40 property *is* correct.
>> Can you confirm that you are able to start that same installation of
>> Tomcat from the commandline (i.e. not from the Ant script)? Have you
>> been doing any shuffling of the JARs between $TOMCAT_HOME/common,
>> $TOMCAT_HOME/shared and  $TOMCAT_HOME/server, by any chance? Can you
>> try with a different version of Tomcat (e.g. 4.1.11 or 4.0.6)?
>>
>> Michael Burke wrote:
>>
>>> I still can't figure out why I'm getting the following error (see
>>> attached file) since  /home/mburke/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.10 is the
>>> correct directory for tomcat. Any suggestions appreciated.
>>>

>> I tried it with tomcat 4.0.4 and then with tomcat 4.1.10 again and now
>> I'm getting this error:
[snip]

Whoa, your system is not deterministic ;-)

Seriously, I have no idea... you're 100% sure you're running the
*unaltered* Cactus sample-servlet against *unaltered* installations of
both Tomcat 4.0.4 and Tomcat 4.1.10 ??

I can only say that it works for me, at least using Tomcat 4.0.6, 4.1.11
and 4.1.16. And I'm pretty sure I've tested many more versions in the
past, but those escape my memory... :-P

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de