From Vikas Malla <malla...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Tutorial help{With my problems}
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:58:18 GMT

If I keep commons-logging.jar in my WEB-INF/lib and <tomcat home>/common/lib, then my
application runs fine. I can test the cactus example and it runs fine. The problem comes when
I run the tests. Here is my error stack:
The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling
this request

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.l
ogging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does
not implement Log
    [junit]     at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(Lo
gFactoryImpl.java:555)
    [junit]     at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(Lo
gFactoryImpl.java:289)
    [junit]     at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(Lo
gFactoryImpl.java:259)
    [junit]     at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:
390)
    [junit]     at org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around112_doGe
t(ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1142)
    [junit]     at org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletT
estRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):92)
    [junit]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
    [junit]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    [junit]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFil
ter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    [junit]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:193)
    [junit]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standard
WrapperValve.java:243)
    [junit]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
Pipeline.java:566)
    [junit]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipe
line.java:472)
    [junit]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.j
ava:943)

If I remove commons-logging from the WEB-INF/lib, I get the following error:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

I am using tomcat 4.0.3, cactus 1.4.1, junit 3.7, and use ant 1.4.1 to run my tests. This
is proving to be a real roadblock in my development. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

 Michael Burke <mburke@bestweb.net> wrote:Vikas Malla wrote:

>Michael,
>
>Have you been able to resolve the issue?
>
>Thanks,
>
> Michael Burke wrote:Michael Burke wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to run the tutorial, when I try to run the test in tomcat
>>I'm getting 'requested resource/test/ServletTestRunner is not
>>available'. I've got cactus.jar, junit.jar, aspecjrt.jar,
>>commons-logging.jar in tomcat-home/common/lib. Any help would be
>>appreciated.
>>

>>--
>>
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>

>Not really. When I removed the jars from my webapp/lib dir I don't get the above error
but now I get a blank page in the browser and no error messages in tomcat's logs. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.