From "Denilson Nastacio" <nasta...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject Re: Junit vs JUnitDoclet vs Jtest
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:12:30 GMT
Hi,

In our team we use a mixture of JTest and JUnit framework. We like
JTest ability to automatically generate and run test cases. We also depend
on its ability to assess code test coverage.

The mixture comes at higher-level objects, which depend on another
complex objects to be constructed. Since the composite structure of our
higher-level object requires specific values during the initialization of
each
object, the random values picked by JTest are usually insufficient to
provide
good code coverage.

That's where JUnit kicks in: we get the code coverage map from JTest for
a certain class and write JUnit testcases that reach the lines of source
code
that were not touched by JTest. We then go back to JTest and adjust it to
run both its own automated tests *and* the JUnit testcase for that
particular
class.

At the end of this process, we extract a JTest report to verify that indeed
all lines of source code were covered.

Regards,

Denilson Nastacio
nastacio@hotmail.com