From "Marco Barcella" <barce...@appiancorp.com>
Subject Particular Configuration Problem
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:13:40 GMT
Hi all,

I understand that I am supposed to configure the server side (web.xml)
and the client side (cactus.properties: contextURL).

I am using TOMCAT 4.0.3

In my case: I have an application that I deploy to C:/foe/bo/ (deployed
application);
this application comes with a web.xml that I can modify adding the
redirectors definition, as specified by the website tutorial. If I do that
everything works, but, ideally I should not modify that web.xml. Instead,
I should create another application (testing application) (in webapps for
example) where I create
the web.xml which defines the redirectors (instead of modifying the deployed
application web.xml) and
place a build.xml that runs the tests through ANT.

THE PROBLEM is that in order to have the redirectors found, I have to
specify the URLContext to be
the testing application URL. Therefore I cannot define the URLContext to be
the deployed application
one and therefore I cannot use some methods like
pageContext.include(relariveURL), testing some files in the deployed
application.

I could define the redirectors in the global web.xml, but I am trying to
avoid that.
Am I missing something? Is there a way to do what I would like to do?

Thanks in advance,
marco