From "Aaron Robinson" <aaronrobinso...@hotmail.com>
Subject Error instantiating class - the classes are definitely only in the war
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:33:22 GMT
Getting an "Error instantiating class" error when trying to run a cactus
test using with WebLogic 6.1

The test I have created is very simple, it has a single test method that is
empty.

If this test case extends the cactus ServletTestCase class directly
everything works okay.

I get the above error when introducing a class between the ServletTestCase
and my test case...

-----------------
|ServletTestCase|
-----------------
       /\

|------------------|
|BaseCactusTestCase|
|------------------|
       /\

|----------|
|MyTestCase|
|----------|

I have read through previous posts and this error occurs when the test case
can be found in more than oe place.

My ear contains a war and a number of utility jars. Only the war contains
the BaseCactusTestCase and MyTestCase.

The war has the following structure...

web-inf
  weblogic.xml